Shipping Container to Sweden | Moving to Sweden
Overseas container shipping to Sweden from Australia
We provide affordable international container shipping services from Australia to Sweden.
We assist first time movers and repatriates move to Sweden affordably, efficiently and expertly, saving you time and money.
Returning nationals must have a registered domicile to be allowed duty free exemption.
Used household goods and personal effects are duty free provided that the goods have been owned and used for at least 12 months and that the importer has lived outside of Sweden for at least 12 months. Importer must be in Sweden at time of shipment arrival.
Required documents for clearance:
- Copy of passport photo page
- Proof of residence in Sweden
- Residence Visa (if applicable)
- Bill of Lading – supplied to shipper once the goods have been shipped
- Comprehensive inventory list in either Swedish or English detailing contents of each box
- Power of attorney for destination clearing agent to organise import customs clearance on behalf of the person importing the goods
- Customs forms TV 740.41 or 740.42 (email us for a copy of these forms)
Narcotics, pornography, weapons, skins, furs and ivory are all prohibited items from importation into Sweden.
Importation of Motor Vehicles:
- Vehicles are subject to high import taxes and duties. The owner must have lived outside of Sweden for more than 12 months and the imported vehicle cannot be sold for 12 months after importation. One vehicle per person allowed.
- Proof of ownership, purchase invoice, insurance policy from origin, and, a separate customs form will need to be completed if you intend to import an automobile.
We offer both self pack and professionally packed container shipping options.
For self pack option we arrange placement of the container at your residence up to 7 days for loading purposes, as long as there is good site access for container placement.
We have a reliable team of import agents in Sweden to organise import customs clearance formalities and to also arrange delivery of your container to the door.
We recommend you to call and speak to us, we will not only inform you of the process but also tailor the quotation to your specific needs and help answer any questions you might have in relation to the move.
Depending on the volume of cargo you have to ship, if, for example you are not needing to ship a complete household contents, we can offer a shared container services option.
Shared container services are charged per cubic meter (m3) and can be cost effective from 1m3-10m3.
For shared container services, if you wish to collect your goods from our depot once import customs cleared we have depots in:
Boras, Eskilstuna, Gaevle, Gothenburg, Halmstad, Helsingborg, Joenkoeping, Linkoeping, Malmoe, Norrkoeping, Oerebro and Stockholm
To the door delivery can be also arranged.
Average sailing time to Sweden is around 44 days and sailings are weekly.
If you are moving overseas from Australia to Sweden with personal effects or freighting commercial cargoes, we can assist you with any of your shipping needs.
Our friendly staff can assist you with all your shipping related questions and you will be connected straight away to a real human, no waiting times, call us today on (02)9575-7614.