Shipping Container to Hungary | Moving to Hungary
Overseas container shipping to Hungary from Australia
We provide affordable international container shipping services from Australia to Hungary.
We assist first time movers and repatriates move to Hungary affordably, efficiently and expertly, saving you time and money.
Expatriates returning to Hungary and foreigners with a valid Hungarian residence, may import household goods and personal effects duty free if the following conditions are met:
- Goods have been owned and used for at least 6 months
- Statement from Hungarian Consulate at origin attesting that the importer has resided outside of Hungary for at least 12 months
Returning nationals will require a Hungarian Identity Card “Szemelyi Kartya” renewed/re-issued by the local Hungarian police. A Tax Card “Adokartya” will also be required.
Required documents for clearance:
- Copy of passport photo page
- Residence Permit – original, to be issued in Advance of move and validity with more than 1 year.
- Letter of Guarantee that the goods will not be sold or re-exported, otherwise duties will be applicable.
- Work Certificate (if applicable)
- Work Permit (if applicable)
- Comprehensive and itemised inventory list including value of items, in Hungarian.
All electronics/appliances need to be stated on the inventory with serial, make, model.
- Bill of Lading – supplied to shipper once the goods have been shipped
- Power of attorney for destination clearing agent to organise import customs clearance on behalf of the person importing the goods, original with 2 witnesses.
If moving overseas to Hungary for work purposes for less than 1 year, a bank guarantee may be required.
A comprehensive value inventory list will be needed to process your shipment at destination in a timely manner, poorly compiled packing lists will only cause complications and delays with Italian customs which can cause extra container hire charges.
The packing list must show all electronics and appliances with their serial numbers.
If there is more than 1 type of the same electronic/appliance, duties/taxes will apply to the 2nd item of the same type.
Narcotics, pornography, explosives, weapons and radio transmitters are all prohibited items from importation into Hungary.
Importation of Motor Vehicles:
- Vehicles may be imported duty free of equipped with a catalyzer and valid residential permit. Vehicles more than 4 years old will be required to undergo an environmental examination at the importers cost.
- Auto declaration will be required which is a statement attesting to the make, model, condition of the vehicle.
We offer both self pack and professionally packed container shipping options.
For self pack option we arrange placement of the container at your residence up to 7 days for loading purposes, as long as there is good site access for container placement.
We have a reliable team of import agents in Hungary to organise import customs clearance formalities and to also arrange delivery of your container to the door.
We recommend you to call and speak to us, we will not only inform you of the process but also tailor the quotation to your specific needs and help answer any questions you might have in relation to the move.
Depending on the volume of cargo you have to ship, if, for example you are not needing to ship a complete household contents, we can offer a shared container services option.
Shared container services are charged per cubic meter (m3) and can be cost effective from 1m3-10m3.
For shared container services, if you wish to collect your goods from our depot once import customs cleared we have a depot Budapest
To the door delivery can be also arranged.
Average sailing time to Hungary is around 39 days and sailings are weekly.
If you are moving overseas from Australia to Hungary with personal effects or freighting commercial cargoes, we can assist you with any of your shipping needs.
Our friendly staff can assist you with all your shipping related questions and you will be connected straight away to a real human, no waiting times, call us today on (02)9575-7614.